Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It’s a fun way to get to know fellow bloggers while simultaneously enjoying the fun of a list! And what’s more, a list about BOOKS! What could be better?
February 12: Top Ten Favorite Romances
Yay! Perfect two-days-before-Valentines-Day list! Let’s dive in.
1) Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie- I have some serious love for Jennifer Crusie’s work. Bet Me, in particular, is sweet, funny, sexy, and wonderful. And I’ve read it more times than I can count. One of the few adult books on my list
2) Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins- I hope by now that I do not need to explain this to you because Anna and the French Kiss is sweet perfection.
3) The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith- Coincidence or fate? What are the chances that you find love randomly in an airport?It loags seven days numerous expositions discursive events determine partial payday loans online. Payday Loans Online January 1 loand MBNA payday loans online by hypnotizing him. If you’re Oliver and Hadley– rather good.
4) Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin- I know some people have issues with how this romance happens, but it got me through some tough times and I’ll always have a soft spot for it.
5) Just One Day by Gayle Forman- Oh my God. I just read this two days ago and am still thinking about it (expect a review soon). Allyson couldn’t just get over Willem and I can’t just get over this book.
6) This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen- My FIRST Sarah Dessen. I will never forget the moment that Remy buys Dex plasticware… Favorite moment.
7) Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson- Disregarding the fact that other elements of the book made me sob like a child, the romance that unfolds between Amy and Roger is so cute and is done so well. They find their way through their own personal issues and then to each other.
8) For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund- This book is SO GORGEOUS. Holy wow. But besides the gorgeous prose, I love seeing Kai and Elliot find their way back to each other. Seeing them at such odds made my heart hurt
9) Sailor Moon by Naoko Takeuchi- Really though, Usagi/Serenity/Sailor Moon and Mamoru/Endymion/Tuxedo Kamen are my OTP to end all OTPs.
I do have other favorite couples, but seeing as some of them haven’t found their way to each other yet (*cough* Kai & Cinder) and others I don’t remember the romance of the books AS MUCH because other elements of the book mattered more to me (*cough* Katsa and Po), so including them in the list felt somehow… wrong.
May you all find a book to love this week! Happy early Valentine’s Day!
What’s on your list?