So August is here. Rabbit, rabbit and all that jazz.
And I’ve always thought of it as a lazy month. It’s in summer, it includes my birthday…
But it is going to be the craziest month that I’ve had for a while, so the blog is going to be updated SPORADICALLY.
I mean, yes, I do have some books that I’ll be reading and reviewing. I’ve got some posts scheduled. I’ll still “be here.” But not as much as usual this month.
Why is it so crazy?
WELL, I’LL TELL YOU.
1) My friends Lindsey (A Storm of Words), Stephanie (Poetry to Prose), Katie (Bookishly Yours), and I are starting a collaborative YouTube channel that we’re kicking off August 6th. Be sure to subscribe to us if you’re into that sort of thing.
2) Write On Con happens mid-August and I still have work to do if I want to even be able to get advised on my first x-amount of pages
3) I have a family vacation near the end of August that is going to keep me from doing anything but tweeting for a few days.
4) I can think of at least a couple bookish gatherings that I’m going to.
5) I’m still job-hunting. ‘Nuff said.
6) My birthday is still in August. I’m not going to work during it. Just… not.
7) And MOST IMPORTANTLY, this is happening:
I’m in a cabin with fellow book blogger Meghan of Coffee and Wizards and know that a bunch of other book bloggers are participating too (like Angel from Mermaid Vision Books, Christa from Hooked on Books, and Grace from Words Like Silver). I suspect we’ll be more crazy than usual because of it.
I’m pretty much pantsing. Again. Unfortunately. And since I’m utterly unprepared, I made myself a pep talk today.
…make of that what you will.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to put myself to bed. I have quite a lot to do tomorrow. And this month.
Are you participating in any of the August shenanigans that I am? Do you foresee your crazy levels MAXING OUT like mine?