Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It’s a fun way to get to know fellow bloggers while simultaneously enjoying the fun of a list! And what’s more, a list about BOOKS! What could be better?
February 21: Top Ten Books I’d Quickly Save If My House Was Going To Be Abducted By Aliens (or any other natural disaster…you get the drift. )
1. Grimm’s Fairy Tales- I have a fairly old edition from 1977 that has some lovely illustrations in it. It belonged to my mother before it belonged to me, so there’s some sentimentality attached to it. It would probably be the first one I’d save.
2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins- I’ve only read this book twice and that is not enough, so it would need to be saved.
3. Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin- There is a big morality question in this book, but it still remains a favorite of mine.
4. Cinder by Marissa Meyer- Aliens afoot?! If it’s the Lunars, I can only assume that Cinder would be a target, so I’d have to make extra sure to get to it in time ;)
5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green- Any book that can make me cry that much must always be with me.
6. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling- I strongly considered making the series numbers 1-7 on this list, to be quite honest.
7. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins- I loved the entire series, but if it had ended after the first book, I would still have loved it.
8. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen- I’m a big admirer of Dessen’s work and I think that this is one of her strongest novels. It was also one of the first books of hers that I read and I’ve read it numerous times.
9. Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie- I will never stop wanting to reread this book and therefore am determined to rescue it from natural disasters, creepy aliens, and evil-doers alike.
10. Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce- I have professed my love for Tamora Pierce time and time again. My copy of this book is terrifically dog-eared, which should tell you how much I love it.
Which books would you need to save in the event of an alien encounter?