Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It’s a fun way to get to know fellow bloggers while simultaneously enjoying the fun of a list! And what’s more, a list about BOOKS! What could be better?
November 22: Top Ten Authors I’d Love To Have At My Thanksgiving Feast
This is the easiest Top Ten Tuesday ever because I am such a fangirl and if I have these authors at my feast it means I have met them, which makes me squee with delight! The only problem? I totally want to have more authors there. Would that violate a fire code of too much AWESOME in the vicinity? Probably. I limited this list to authors whose work I’ve actually READ and not just ones that make me giggle with their online presences.
1. Maureen Johnson- Queen of Hilarity, keeper of the jars, tweeter extraordinaire, and wonderful author to boot
2. John Green- I LOVE the VlogBrothers channel, plus I think that John Green has a wonderful literary voice.
3. Jackson Pearce- LOVE her. Love her vlogs, love her books.
4. Stephanie Perkins- She’s written two of my favorite books to date!
5. J.K. Rowling- If she’s not on your list, I think you’re lying to yourself
6. Scott Westerfeld-I would want to seat Scott near Maureen so I could watch her tweet and incite the table to do random shenanigans to mess with him. I remember following her on twitter during a conference where this happened and laughing my head off.
7. Marissa Meyer- I adored her debut novel Cinder… plus I’d love to just sit and squee over Sailor Moon with her.
8. Sarah Dessen- This would be interesting since I know after having met her for about 30 seconds at a signing that I am struck speechless in her presence
9. Michelle Hodkin- Loved her book, love her online presence.
10. Laini Taylor- Her words left me awestruck. It’s a good thing.
…Now I just hope one of them can cook because a turkey is FAR beyond my skill. And now I so want to write a short dialogue thing of how this dinner might go. Mayhap I shall post it on Thanksgiving… maybe not?
Who’s on your list?
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
“I drop my lips to his. Joy bleeds from his mouth to mine and I sigh the lie into the fire of him.”
-p. 2, ARC of Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay