Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
“In choir group, I picked up four new songs– “Who Wants to Be Happy,” “Happy Time Starts RIght Now,” “Everything About You Is Totally Perfect,” and “Your Name Is Spelled Like ‘Special (Only with Different Letters)”–and got to do a big tambourine solo, which I rocked. Daniel and Ruth took me to the CESSNAB video gaming center where we played Extreme Self-esteem Builder! and How Awesome Are You?”
-page 213, Going Bovine by Libba Bray
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It’s a fun way to get to know fellow bloggers while simultaneously enjoying the fun of a list! And what’s more, a list about BOOKS! What could be better?
This week’s list is: Top Ten Books I Want To Reread
1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins- I have only read this book once. It is not enough.
2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins– I absolutely love this series and definitely want to reread at least the first book before the movie comes out!
3. This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen- The first Sarah Dessen book that I ever read and a long-time favorite
4. Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin- I have read this book a few times and seen the movie. It never fails to make me cry.
5. Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie- This is one of those books that renews my faith in romance. I’ve reread it countless times
6. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine- My copy of this book is beyond dog-eared because I love to reread it over and over again.
7. The Giver by Lois Lowry- One of my favorite books and a dystopian to boot, but it’s been so long since I read it that I can’t remember a ton about it.
8. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan- This is a series that I really really enjoyed, and with Riordan’s The Son of Neptune releasing soon, I’d love to relive Percy Jackson’s earlier years!
9. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling- I really want to do another series reread soon. Who could ever get tired of reading about Harry?
10. Heist Society by Ally Carter- I just read this book a couple of months ago by enjoyed the capers so much that I want to experience it all over again!
What’s your Top Ten this week?